(Senior) Portfolio Analyst - NL Business Department
FMO – your preferred partner to invest in local prosperity
By reaching out to underserved markets, FMO invests in some of the world’s most challenging business environments. The countries that we work in often have a fragile private sector, little job security and high poverty rates. Through FMO’s focus on investing in countries’ financial, energy and agri sectors, FMO believes it can have maximum impact to empower the entrepreneurs in developing and emerging countries. FMO has aligned its strategy with the SDGs, thereby positioning FMO to deliver for the future. This strategy aims to raise FMO’s impact, deepen its relationships with clients and stakeholders, and enhance its ability to deliver quality at speed. In this way, FMO will be the preferred partner to invest in local prosperity.
NL Business is a start-up within FMO and focusses on Dutch clients who export and invest to internationalize their business.The NL Business department consists of three teams: i) Export & Investment Solutions, (ii) Project and Partnership Development and (iii) Risk, Portfolio and Fund Management. It is foreseen that the NLB activities and staff will grow in the coming years.
Three pillars support the overall strategy of NLB: support export transactions additional to commercial banks, develop financial products for Dutch companies who need investment financing for their internationalisation and develop projects, which support the internationalisation of strong Dutch clusters like agri-logistics, water, energy and urban development.
The activities and staff of NL Business will be transferred to a separate legal from the beginning of 2018 onwards. For our Risk, Portfolio and Fund Management team, we are looking for a (Senior) Portfolio Analyst who will be responsible for the management of the Export Finance Book and who likes to be a part of the creation of a new start-up on behalf of FMO.
- the monitoring of the Export Finance book and Dutch linked transactions within FMO
- work closely with front office in respect to credit renewals, waiver requests etc
- contact with clients in order to obtain required information
- assist the export finance team in following the correct internal procedures and help updating / reviewing internal processes
- management information and reporting for NL Business
- reporting’s toward Export Credit Agencies (ECAs) and Private Risk Insurers (PRIs) in line with the underlying Insurance Policies.
- handling of draw down request from Dutch exporters
- assisting the Export & Investment Solutions team members in the structuring phase of a transaction
In this role there will be ample opportunity for interaction with business partners from emerging markets and the Netherlands. Additionally, the analyst will have intensive interactions throughout the FMO organisation in order to embed and connect NLB with FMO and to support proper integration of Export Finance in FMO’s front and back office.
The ideal candidate has:
- a master degree in finance, economics or law;
- self-starting mentality and an eagerness to be part of a new team and business;
- experience with working with Export Credit Agencies (ECAs) / Private Risk Insurers (PRI) and familiar with their reporting requirements;
- affinity with Export Finance structures;
- affinity with supporting the Dutch business sector in emerging markets;
- good communication skills and affinity with building networks;
- good English and Dutch speaking and writing skills; one or more additional foreign languages are a plus;
- a desire to create more than profit alone and a passion for FMO's and NLB's mission.
For further information, please contact Jacob van Gent, e-mail J.van.Gent@fmo.nl.