Senior Operational Risk Advisor
The Risk & Compliance department is at the heart of FMO and develops operational and financial risk strategies for FMO, functions as a knowledge center to other departments, manages compliance, operational risk, financial and regulatory risk and executes the back office treasury activities. The working atmosphere is characterized by an informal, international environment with short communication lines.
The Risk & Compliance department consists of three teams: Risk Management, Compliance & Operational Risk and Treasury Service Centre. Operational Risk consists of a Senior Security Advisor, Senior Operational Risk Advisor and an Operational Risk administrator. In your role as Senior Operational Risk Advisor, you will deal with operational risk on a strategical level, tactical and operational level and have a crucial role to protect and enable FMO’s global business. You are a knowledgeable professional and strongly rely on your interpersonal skills as well as your cultural sensitivity.
- Keep abreast of latest operational risk techniques and industry best practices.
- Maintain and improve the (implementation of the) operational risk framework.
- Develop and update operational risk policies and standards.
- Implement standards and guidelines to prevent, detect, mitigate and avoid operational risks.
- Create awareness on operational risk in the organization (face-to-face, E-learning).
- Prepare and perform risk control (self) assessments.
- Facilitate the yearly process of internal control statements.
- Track and monitor operating risk issues (risk incidents, risk indicators, risk appetite).
- Advise the organization regarding on operational risks and processes (ad hoc and projects).
- Report to management and relevant committees on developments in the operational risk profile.
- Investigate root causes of operational risks, identify trends and provide support to mitigate risk.
- Facilitate the product approval and review process.
- Develop strong relationship with key stakeholders and business partners by addressing issues/concerns in timely manner.
- Work closely with Compliance, ICT and Internal Audit departments.
We are looking for a pioneer with a drive for excellence. Someone that holds him/herself accountable and does not shy away from responsibility and takes initiative. Given the nature of the role we feel it is important for you to have hands-on experience, a high level of seniority and solid understanding of your own added value. Besides this the requirements for this role are:
- Master degree complemented with post master chartered accountant with affinity for IT;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the area of operational risk management within the financial services industry;
- Strong knowledge of internal control frameworks (COSO & COBIT);
- In depth knowledge of bank products (amongst others financial instruments) and financial reporting processes;
- Strong analytical skills with a pragmatic approach.
- Client (internal) and quality oriented;
- Team player and pro-active;
- Good communication skills and fluent in English.
Good to know
Only applications submitted in English, with a motivation letter and not via e-mail will be considered.
Finally, it may not surprise you that FMO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!
For further information, please contact Jolanda Breur , e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.