(Senior) Business Intelligence Analyst
FMO is looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Analyst, who believes that Business Intelligence can have a transformative effect on the business, and who possess the business acumen and technical (BI) capabilities to make that happen.
FMO – your preferred partner to invest in local prosperity
By reaching out to underserved markets, FMO invests in some of the world’s most challenging business environments. The countries that we work in often have a fragile private sector, little job security and high poverty rates. Through FMO’s focus on investing in countries’ financial, energy and agribusiness sectors, FMO believes it can have maximum impact to empower the entrepreneurs in developing and emerging countries. FMO has aligned its strategy with the SDGs, thereby positioning FMO to deliver for the future. This strategy aims to raise FMO’s impact, deepen its relationships with clients and stakeholders, and enhance its ability to deliver quality at speed. In this way, FMO will be the preferred partner to invest in local prosperity.
FMO is currently setting up a team to organize, structure and improve Information Management within FMO; from Data Governance to Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
At FMO we treat data as a corporate asset and we have organized Business Intelligence function to successfully deliver actionable insights to the whole organization. Business Intelligence team is part of Directorate Finance, Mid-Office and Information Management.
In your role as (Senior) Business Intelligence Analyst, you communicate and engage with the business colleagues to develop a strong understanding of FMO business at a level of detail that enables you to identify and address the information needs. You understand how data is transformed into information and knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key FMO business processes.
You work in an Agile (multidisciplinary) team to define requirements, identify data dependencies and relationships to develop logical, physical data models and data visualization solutions. The team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of an Information product (BI artifact).
You will train users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use that information correctly.
You will partner with management on advocating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics in the organization. You must keep up-to-date with industry best practices and latest trends in Business Intelligence and Analytics and incorporate them at FMO.
This role is certainly going to be a challenge, as this way of working is new to FMO, so the business will need your guidance and expertise to achieve our goals.
Your background and skills
- Master’s degree/ MBA in Information/Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Business Management or similar
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience relevant for the job
- Knowledge of Financial products and Banking regulations
- Advanced knowledge and proven experience of different data modeling techniques (for example Entity/Relationship, Data Vault and Dimensional modeling)
- Strong ability to communicate data insights: data, visuals and narrative
- Experience in designing managerial level presentations and reports
- SQL knowledge
- Fluency in English
- Great analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and advisory skills
- Self-motivated and self-starting
- Being able to communicate complex matters in simple terms
- Ambitious, adaptable and eager to learn new skills
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies
- Working experience in a multi-disciplinary and culturally diverse team environment is a pre
- Certification as Business Data Modeler is a pre
What's in it for you?
Besides a competitive salary and secondary benefits, we offer you a job on global scale in a challenging environment. A professional career and all the support you will need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all we offer a truly unique opportunity to make a difference for those who need it most.
Good to know
We will only consider applications submitted via the website in English and accompanied with a motivation letter.
For further information, please contact Gabriela Filip, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.