Senior Business Analyst ICT
FMO – your preferred partner to invest in local prosperity
By reaching out to underserved markets, FMO invests in some of the world’s most challenging business environments. The countries that we work in often have a fragile private sector, little job security and high poverty rates. Through FMO’s focus on investing in countries’ financial, energy and agri sectors, FMO believes it can have maximum impact to empower the entrepreneurs in developing and emerging countries. FMO has aligned its strategy with the SDGs, thereby positioning FMO to deliver for the future. This strategy aims to raise FMO’s impact, deepen its relationships with clients and stakeholders, and enhance its ability to deliver quality at speed. In this way, FMO will be the preferred partner to invest in local prosperity.
The ICT department is responsible for the ICT activities within FMO and consists of three teams. ICT Infrastructure, ICT Service Desk and ICT Applications. All teams work with clear guidance from Enterprise Architecture and Quality & Control.
The FMO ICT Applications team is responsible for managing and maintaining FMO’s business applications.
The ICT Applications team is looking for a Senior Business Analyst with at least 5 years relevant work experience. As part of ICT, you’ll be responsible for ensuring FMO has the business processes and IT systems it needs to deliver financial services to entrepreneurs in developing countries. You’ll need to understand FMO’s products, processes and organization, and interface with colleagues in the business to identify and define the right solutions for their needs. That could involve anything from streamlining processes to exploring and implementing brand new technologies.
You will be performing the following tasks:
- Day-to-day Application management/Application support (answer user questions, maintain security profiles, user management, adapt application settings, perform daily checks)
- Analyse business processes, translate business requirements to functional requirements and implementations
- You actively participate in various projects which can impact multiple applications
- Cooperate with and manage vendors of our software packages
- Cooperate with and manage consultant’s/consultancy firms with whom FMO has a contract for parts of the ICT services
What is your Education?
- As a minimum you hold a bachelor’s degree and have well-known overall ICT knowledge.
- In addition, knowledge of the following area’s is a pre: SQL Server database, Microsoft .net development, Microsoft CRM, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft BizTalk, K2 Workflow.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are equally important as IT skills.
What level of experience do you have?
- You have five years of experience in Business analyses.
- You are experienced in requirements engineering. Translating business (preferably banking) issues into IT solutions taking several preconditions into account. Familiar with best practices (e,g, specification by example, user stories)
- You have experience with Service Oriented Architecture concepts
- You are also used to achieve end results meeting the time, quality and cost criteria.
- You are familiar with (corporate) banking processes (e.g. KYC, New credit process, Investment Mgt/Portfolio Mgt)
What is your Personality?
You are analytical, well-structured and proceed systematically. You are also a good listener, continuously asking questions and capable of translating the message into concrete action. You are also a team player who can win others with your ideas and you have excellent communicative skills in English, both verbal and in writing.
What does FMO offer?
We offer an exciting and international work environment! FMO is not just another bank. FMO has the ambition to become the leading impact investor in emerging markets. ICT is key in supporting this ambition!
For further information, please contact Andrea Goodwin, e-mail A.email@example.com.