Senior Accounting Officer
FMO is the Dutch Development Bank. We believe that entrepreneurship is key in creating sustainable economic growth and improving people’s quality of life. We therefore finance businesses, projects and financial institutions in developing and emerging markets, with the aim of supporting sustainable private sector development. Our investments are focused in the sectors where our contribution can have the largest long-term impact: financial institutions, energy and agribusiness, food & water. FMO has a banking license and is being supervised by the Dutch Central Bank.
FMO invests in emerging markets through both loans and private equity (total portfolio app. EUR 10 bln) serviced with an international orientated Finance & Mid Office team. The Accounting sub team has 8 employees and is responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank account reconciliations, salary administration and accounting of state funds. Constantly raising the bar and improving efficiency is high on the agenda of Accounting, in close cooperation with the Mid Office, Controlling and other stakeholders.
As a Senior Accounting Officer you enjoy the accounting function in all its aspects. You reconcile and execute periodic detailed analysis of the balance sheet accounts. You are responsible for the accounts payable (creditors) and make sure the payments to creditors are performed accurately. You provide clear descriptions for recurring bookings and make agreements on the delivery of information with various departments of FMO and provide clarification regarding the general ledger accounts under your responsibility. You check daily the import of the transactions of the previous day from the core systems on to the accounting system. You have a good understanding of VAT including the fact that different VAT regimes apply in the FMO countries.
You are an energetic Senior Accounting professional with high attention to details, organised and methodical. You have good communication skills and enjoy interaction with the business (both in NL and foreign countries). You use your knowledge, skills and behaviour to put the client at the centre of everything you do. You truly enjoy working in an international environment.
Required competencies for this role:
- Knowledge of business administration at higher vocational level (HEAO);
- Knowledge of accounting and bank account reconciliation including related systems (CODA, Basware, Kofax, CARS);
- At least 10 years relevant work experience (senior level);
- Excellent team player with a strong focus on working together to achieve results;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (fluency in both English and Dutch);
- Drive to improve and participate in projects with internal stakeholders;
- Self-starter/ Pro-active;
- Authentic personality;
- Cultural awareness gained in an international environment will be an advantage;
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma will be an advantage.