Portfolio Analyst Agribusiness, Food and Water (Asia FOM)
FMO – your preferred partner to invest in local prosperity
By reaching out to underserved markets, FMO invests in some of the world’s most challenging business environments. The countries that we work in often have a fragile private sector, little job security and high poverty rates. Through FMO’s focus on investing in countries’ financial, energy and agri sectors, FMO believes it can have maximum impact to empower the entrepreneurs in developing and emerging countries. FMO has aligned its strategy with the SDGs, thereby positioning FMO to deliver for the future. This strategy aims to raise FMO’s impact, deepen its relationships with clients and stakeholders, and enhance its ability to deliver quality at speed. In this way, FMO will be the preferred partner to invest in local prosperity.
The Agribusiness, Food and Water department (AFW) is looking for a service oriented Portfolio Analyst to support the Asia FOM and Forestry team. The team is focusing on the development of the Asian food and agribusiness sectors by financing the expansion of production capacity of large food and agri companies in line with the AFW strategy. In this respect, there is a focus on priority sectors where FMO can make most impact (Inclusive; Green) and have a strong business case. Examples are sugar and rice processing, animal proteins, fertilizer, agro-logistics and agricultural mechanization. Furthermore the Asia team has the mandate to develop Forestry transactions with a focus on Asia and Latin America. Linkages with the Private Equity (PE) department are critical through FMOs investments in funds that focus on sustainable fishing, forestry and to look for opportunities for direct equity investments.
For this team we are looking for an enthusiastic Portfolio Analyst. In this role you are mainly responsible for monitoring a portfolio of contracted investments, which include:
- Preparing credit reviews including market and financial analysis;
- Providing support to clients by responding to requests for information;
- Building relationships with existing clients on an operational working level;
- Drafting approval documents and supporting the process for transactions with existing clients that have approved client limits in place;
- Drafting watch list proposals, change requests and disbursement memos;
- Undertaking administrative tasks regarding file completion (compliance, reporting).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, finance, engineering or business administration;
- At least two years of working experience in a relevant position.
Personal skills and competences
- Strong analytical research and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships;
- Service and client oriented;
- Risk aware and able to escalate issues when necessary;
- Strong administration and writing skills with appropriate attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good Excel modelling skills
- Flexible, pragmatic and capable of working on several assignments at the same time;
- Strong skills in planning, organising and prioritising;
- Proven ability to work and deliver under pressure when required;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good command of the Hindi and/or Burmese language is strongly preferred;
- Strong team skills, contributing to team success and to a constructive, positive and collaborative work environment.