Investment Officer Syndications
FMO – your preferred partner to invest in local prosperity
By reaching out to underserved markets, FMO invests in some of the world's most challenging business environments. The countries that we work often have a fragile private sector, little job security and high poverty rates. Through FMO's focus on investing in countries' financial, energy and agri sectors, FMO believes it can have maximum impact to empower the entrepreneurs in developing and emerging countries. FMO has aligned its strategy with the SDGs, thereby positioning FMO to deliver for the future. This strategy aims to raise FMO's impact, deepen its relationships with clients and stakeholders, and enhance its ability to deliver quality at speed.
To increase our impact, we strive to attract other parties in our transactions. We leverage our own funding with funding from co-investors such as commercial banks, asset managers and other development finance institutions (DFIs). Last year FMO catalyzed more than USD 1.3 bln from third parties. The Syndications team within the Funds, Syndications and Value Creation Department plays a key role in this respect as it is responsible for all loan syndications, for DFI club deals and for managing all agency aspects of FMO’s syndicated loans.
We are currently looking for an Investment Officer Syndications. He or she reports to the Manager Syndications. The Syndications team consists of 11 employees divided over 2 groups in the areas of Syndication (six persons) and Agency desk (five persons).
- Executing syndicated loan transactions and club deals with DFIs: Structuring, negotiating and leading the syndication process;
- Loan distribution:Proactively sourcing new participants;
- Business development: Working closely with FMO’s sector teams and commercial/investment banks to acquire mandates for syndicated loan transactions;
- Relationship management: Maintaining the existing network and building new networks of banks and other investors;
- Market intelligence: Providing market updates and pricing advices to the organization;
- Product offering: Further professionalizing FMO’s syndications services.
- Master degree.
- At least 3 to 5 years of working experience in banking or development finance;
- Previous experience with syndicated loans, experience in project finance or corporate finance would be a pre.
- Professional and flexible team player;
- Self-starter, taking initiative;
- Networker with a commercial attitude;
- All round and hands-on;
- Excellent communication, convincing and negotiating skills;
- Fluent in English.
What's in it for you?
Besides a competitive salary and secondary benefits, we offer you a job on global scale in a challenging environment. A professional career and all the support you will need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all we offer a truly unique opportunity to make a difference for those who need it most.
Good to know
We will only consider applications submitted via the website in English and accompanied with a motivation letter.
Please note that applications via email will not be taken into consideration.
For further information, please contact Ruhi Cosgun, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.