Investment Officer Private Equity Energy
Private Equity (PE) is an important part of FMO's business as growth capital for mid-sized companies is scarce in most emerging markets. FMO invests in private equity funds and makes direct investments, partly in the form of co-investments with our investee funds. With its private equity business FMO is set to realize attractive, market driven returns.
The Private Equity department is looking for a (Senior) Investment Officer for its Energy team. The PE Energy team consists of 9 investment professionals, and is responsible for completing investments in renewable energy-focused private equity funds as well as co- and direct investments in the renewable energy sectors in emerging markets worldwide. The team is supported by dedicated ESG and Compliance specialists.
The (Senior) Investment Officer (IO) that will join the PE Energy team will be in a unique position of combining business development and origination activities with execution of new investments as well as relationship and portfolio management activities. The IO will, as a core member of the PE Energy team take an active role in the full lifecycle of investing, including deal sourcing, screening and selection, obtaining internal approvals, contracting and portfolio management. As the team intends to follow a strategic approach towards deal sourcing, the IO will also be responsible for the development of client account plans, and strategy documents. As part of the Private Equity department, she/he will be expected to contribute to broader organisational topics and projects from time to time.
The current vacancy is for an IO with a primary focus towards managing the existing portfolio in the Latin America, Central Asia and Middle Eastern regions (covering countries that fall within FMO’s mandate in those regions), with the flexibility to step in for execution of investments in other regions.
- Master’s degree – preferably economics, business, finance or engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in investing equity in energy (IPP / power) projects is a must;
- International work experience is a must;
- Proven track record in structuring and executing equity transactions;
- Strong modelling and analytical skills;
- process & portfolio management skills are essential;
- Able to build relationships with fund managers and/or investee companies;
- Fluent in English, international focus or experience is a must;
- Flexible, pragmatic and a team player;
- Has a critical, yet ‘can do’, solution-oriented attitude and a clear affinity with FMO’s values.
For further information, please contact Jolanda Breur , e-mail email@example.com.