Human Resources Business Partner
FMO – your preferred partner to invest in local prosperity
By reaching out to underserved markets, FMO invests in some of the world’s most challenging business environments. The countries that we work in often have a fragile private sector, little job security and high poverty rates. Through FMO’s focus on investing in countries’ financial, energy and agri sectors, FMO believes it can have maximum impact to empower the entrepreneurs in developing and emerging countries. FMO has aligned its strategy with the SDGs, thereby positioning FMO to deliver for the future. This strategy aims to raise FMO’s impact, deepen its relationships with clients and stakeholders, and enhance its ability to deliver quality at speed. In this way, FMO will be the preferred partner to invest in local prosperity.
Human Resources Business Partner
If you are a seasoned HR professional who can influence and partner with leaders and work with change, this is an opportunity to give your career a further boost and create real impact. You are in the position to influence business performance and contribute to the implementation of FMO’s strategic priorities, working closely with senior managers.
Your core responsibility is to contribute to the development and execution of FMO’s human capital agenda. Your challenge is to develop the relationships and demonstrate the leadership skills required to act as a credible partner for your key stakeholders, as well as to develop a deep understanding of the business agenda. You should have the ambition to become an integral part of the business, contributing to organisational direction and targets. You are a team player who naturally operates on both a strategic and operational level and you are at your best in a dynamic environment.
You have gained considerable (10-15 years’) HR experience. Ideally you have worked in both generalist and expertise roles and have extensive front-line experience. You have a strong track record of partnering and engaging with leadership teams and other professionals. You enjoy working within a busy team and supporting a dynamic business; your ability to prioritize and manage timelines will be critical to your success.</p
- Provide strategic guidance on people and organizational matters to internal stakeholders in relation to talent management, learning and development, change management, performance management, absence management, policy and team development;
- Facilitate the annual performance management, talent management and employee engagement processes;
- Partner with the business to ensure the growth of people leaders on topics such as performance and development, coaching and employee wellbeing;
- Partner with the HR centers of excellence (Learning and Development, Talent Acquisition and Compensation and Benefits) to implement strategies within your client group that support the HR agenda;
- Act as change agent for the FMO change agenda;
- Be a role model for the FMO values and Ways of Working.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Proven HR business partnering experience across the full human capital agenda;
- Exposure to and knowledge of organizational development and change management;
- Thorough understanding of Dutch labor and social legislation and regulations is required;
Experience of working in a professional environment (corporate, consultancy);
- Experience in an international and financial environment is an advantage;
- At least a Bachelor level education in a relevant field.
- Business acumen;
- Good sense of organizational dynamics;
- Customer focused;
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills; you should be a natural at building effective relationships;
- Influencing skills;
- Inspiring to your colleagues and the business;
- A mindset of ‘getting things done’;
- Decision making and courage to challenge;
- Ability to work with a level of ambiguity;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication, including presentation and facilitation skills.