Finance & Control Officer focus on Management Reporting
FMO – your preferred partner to invest in local prosperity
By reaching out to underserved markets, FMO invests in some of the world’s most challenging business environments. The countries that we work in often have a fragile private sector, little job security and high poverty rates. Through FMO’s focus on investing in countries’ financial, energy and agri sectors, FMO believes it can have maximum impact to empower the entrepreneurs in developing and emerging countries. FMO has aligned its strategy with the SDGs, thereby positioning FMO to deliver for the future. This strategy aims to raise FMO’s impact, deepen its relationships with clients and stakeholders, and enhance its ability to deliver quality at speed. In this way, FMO will be the preferred partner to invest in local prosperity.
The Finance and Control team is part of the Finance department. The team consists of thirteen professionals, who are responsible for the annual report, financial budgeting cycle, management information, reporting based on IFRS and some regulatory reporting as prescribed by the Dutch Central Bank under the Basel standards. The Finance and Control team is also responsible for the State fund reporting and is actively involved in a broad range of projects, inside and outside FMO. The other teams in the Finance department are: Accounting, Mid-Office, Business Intelligence and Integrated Reporting & Data Governance.
Due to a replacement the Finance & Control team is looking for a Finance & Control officer with focus on management reporting. In this role you will have an important contribution to further professionalize the Finance and Control team.
The main responsibility of the Finance & Control officer will be the preparation of monthly management accounts, performing financial controls and daily execution of a valuation and Expected loss tool. Furthermore, you will be part of one or more projects as a Finance & Control representative. The projects relate to the expertise areas of Finance.
- Bachelor or master’s degree (preferably within the field of Finance & Accounting);
- Around two to five years of experience;
- Good team player, positive attitude, willingness to learn;
- Result oriented with hands-on attitude;
- Communicative and able to persuade;
- Flexible and copes with change well;
- Excellent Excel skills, affinity with automated data processing;
- Strong verbal/writing communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Stress resilient;
- International orientation/ socially engaged;
- Preferably experience within banking/financial institutions;
What's in it for you?
- Competitive financial compensation and benefits;
- Regular trainings on hard and soft skills;
- The opportunity to contribute to FMO’s mission to empower entrepreneurs in developing countries;
- Learning on the job in an inspiring and international environment;
For further information, please contact Ruben Fatehmahomed, e-mail R.Fatehmahomed.