Corporate Communications Officer (Events)
Are you a multi-tasker keen to work for an organization that organizes high-quality events all over the world? Then you might be our next Corporate Communications Officer (Events)!
Corporate Communications (CC) is part of the Strategy & Corporate Affairs department of FMO. The CC team (11 colleagues) is responsible for all storytelling, issue management, internal and external communications. On top of this, we organise events all over the world; on average between 60-90 events a year. Over the past 20 years, we have built a strong reputation in this particular area. Our events are well frequented, high on content and networking opportunities, and particularly the two flagship conferences we organise every other year, are industry leading.
We are looking for a young and ambitious professional to support our Senior Corporate Communications Officer. Someone who loves learning, has an eye for detail, is generally described as ‘easy to work with’, who keeps their head cool when pressure is up and who does not mind multi-tasking.
As the new CC officer you will be working closely with the colleague responsible for the events that FMO is involved in. Making communication plans for our larger events, creating content for our events webpages, organizing and planning events, including logistics, invitations and marketing materials. You will be required to write and edit content that is (close to) ‘client-ready’. And of course, you have an important role in representing FMO at event venues as and when required. You report to the Manager Corporate Communications, and will work under supervision and in close collaboration with the Senior Corporate Communications Officer.
- Bachelor degree (e.g. Marketing & Communication);
- Relevant experience in an international company;
- Good writing skills for internal/external publications;
- Strong planning and organising skills;
- Relevant experience in event management;
- Experience in communications is an advantage;
- Experience with registration systems is required;
- Fluent in English, orally and written;
- Affinity with FMO's mission and developing countries and emerging markets.
- Energetic, eager to learn, positive;
- Team player: you are able to enhance co-operation in your own team and department;
- Client oriented: you take into account and anticipate the requirements of your internal and external clients;
- Responsible: you take responsibility for your own actions;
- Can-Do mentality: execution of the plan is key.
For further information, please contact Jolanda Breur , e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.