Private Equity (PE) is an important part of FMO's business as growth capital for mid-sized companies is scarce in most emerging markets. FMO invests in private equity funds and makes direct investments, often in the form of co-investments with our investee funds. With its private equity business, FMO is set to realise attractive, market-driven returns.
The PE department is looking for a Business Analyst, who will contribute in further strengthening the analysis of our portfolio and our reporting capabilities. In that capacity he will also be involved in the Quarterly fair value round. As we are aiming to attract outside investors the Business Analyst will also cooperate with Fund Investment and prepare presentations for external investors.
- Determine management information needs in conjunction with PE management to support strategy on short and long term;
- Provide management information to management on periodic and ad-hoc basis;
- Portfolio analysis;
- Building a record of accomplishment information for external investors / support fund raising activities;
- Part of project implementation team (PE business representative);
- Linking pin between Business/ICT/Finance and Mid Office.
The Business Analyst will work in the Private Equity team of FMO that currently consists of forty-five team members. All PE team members have a team player mentality, a drive for quality and a flexible attitude towards job descriptions and working hours.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant working experience within a financial environment;
- Bachelor or Master Degree;
- Experience in the asset management industry is a pre;
- Strong affinity with IT systems, system implementation and development;
- Experience with administration of PE funds / investments, understand the importance of administrative procedures such as monthly closings etc.;
- Experience with monthly financial statements closing processes, financial reporting (IFRS) and portfolio analysis is required;
- Understand how performance metrics work and re-perform calculations;
- Excellent MS Excel (develop macro’s etc.) and PowerPoint skills;
- Extensive experience with FIA (FrontInvest Alternatives) is required;
- Fluent in English;
- Affinity with FMO’s mission.
- Teamplayer who can work independently as well;
- Demonstrates eagerness to contribute to the challenge of building a ‘best in class’ private equity team;
- Is able to persuade people;
- Analytical and likes to work with numbers;
- Excellent communication skills.
For further information, please contact Jolanda Breur , e-mail email@example.com.